Breaking New: LA Makes Surprise Roster Cut To Make Room For Harry Giles Signing

Your Los Angeles Lakers will be making a surprising move to accommodate newly signed two-way center/power forward Harry Giles, who had briefly played for the Brooklyn Nets earlier this year, onto one of their two-way spots.

May be an image of 8 people, people playing basketball, basketball jersey, crowd and text that says 'bibigo LAKERS bibigo bibigo LAKERS 6 bibigo LAKERS 12 AKERS AKERS 15'

Instead of offloading rookie two-way center Colin Castleton, who fractured his right wrist last week, sources inform ESPN’s Dave McMenamin that Los Angeles has opted instead to move on from a different two-way contract.

The Lakers will ditch another, more senior two-way signing, swingman Dylan Windler, who much like Giles has been rostered for four seasons already and has struggled with injury issues.

Windler appeared in just eight contests for Los Angeles on his two-way deal, averaging 1.5 points on 44.% shooting from the floor and 50% shooting from the three-point line, plus 0.8 assists.


McMenamin adds that Giles will officially join the Lakers on Monday.

In the immediate short-term, with injuries striking Christian Wood, Jarred Vanderbilt and Castleton, there’s a distinct possibility that Giles may net some bona fide playing time (albeit not much) for the Lakers as they continue to make their playoff push.

LA has been playing a bit better of late, having won two straight games and seven of their last ten.

That said, at 33-28, they’re just the tenth seed in the Western Conference, and their defense has taken a massive hit in the wake of long-term injuries to Vanderbilt, Gabe Vincent and Cam Reddish (the latter of whom just returned following a monthlong absence break).


Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://newsjer.com - © 2024 News