Bea Alonzo as Lyle Menendez. Image: Instagram/@mkqua
Bea Alonzo drew flak from netizens after she dressed up for Halloween as Lyle Menendez, an American imprisoned alongside his brother for killing their parents.
Lyle and his brother Erik’s case recently made headlines again after their story was featured in a Netflix series. The said series also underscores the alleged sexual abuse the brothers had endured at the hands of their father.
Alonzo shared her Halloween photos via her Instagram page on Friday, Nov. 1, but later took it down.
“Call me Lyle,” Alonzo captioned the now-deleted post, adding the hashtag “Halloween 2024.”
Alonzo then reposted a similar photo through her Instagram Stories, tagging the supposed team who helped her with the look. Makeup artist Mark Kingson Qua also shared snaps from the actress’ Halloween shoot.

Image: Instagram/@beaalonzo, @genokarlo
As the initial post has already been taken down, some netizens took to the comments sections of Alonzo’s other Instagram posts to express dismay on the actress’ choice of individual to portray.
Some pointed out that Alonzo’s Halloween costume idea was “disgusting” and was not well-thought-out.

Image: Instagram/@beaalonzo

Image: Instagram/@beaalonzo

Image: Instagram/@beaalonzo

Image: Instagram/@beaalonzo
Meanwhile, a Facebook support page for Lyle also spoke against those dressing up as rape survivors for Halloween.
“People dressing up as rape survivors for Halloween is utterly disgusting. A survivor cannot take off a costume at the end of the day. The pain is always there. And to mock the pain of rape is despicable. Shame on all who do it,” it read.
“Lyle and Erik are not characters. They are real people who have been suffering trauma since the day they were born,” it further said. “Halloween is supposed to be fun. There is nothing fun about being a rape and child abuse survivor.”
Alonzo has yet to address the matter as of this writing.
The case of Lyle and Erik – who were 21 and 18 at the time of the incident and were convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole in 1996 – has been subjected to re-examination following the discovery of new evidence pointing to their father’s abuse.
News
Heart Evangelista on being a stepmom: I don’t need to ask for my own
Heart Evangelista | GMA Network Heart Evangelista practically watched her stepchildren grow up before her eyes. Now that Chesi and…
‘Body of Work’: Kathryn Bernardo, Priscilla Meirelles, Jake Cuenca heat up runway
(From left) Priscilla Meirelles, Jake Cuenca, Kathryn Bernardo, Kirk Bondad, and Max Collins. Images: Facebook/Bench/ lifestyle + clothing Summer has…
Heart Evangelista and Xian Lim Join Roster of Artists Exhibiting at Art Fair Philippines
Heart Evangelista Just like last year, Art Fair Philippines 2016 kicked off with a vernissage for press and special guests of the…
Buboy Villar happy with new non-showbiz GF Isay Sampiano, introduces new baby
Buboy Villar and Isay Sampiano (second from left) with their child. Images: Anggulo Prints via Instagram/@_isaysampiano Buboy Villar revealed that he…
Andrea Brillantes joins ‘Batang Quiapo’
Andrea Brillantes | Image: Instagram/@blythe Andrea Brillantes is set to add more star power as she joins the cast of the…
Binibining Pilipinas 2023 Anna Lakrini joins Queens of Germany 2025
Anna Lakrini after her coronation as Bb. Pilipinas Globe in 2023. ARMIN P. ADINA Anna Lakrini is spreading her wings in…
End of content
No more pages to load